How to strengthen your immune system to combat Staph and MRSA
Your body’s immune system is one of the most intelligent and essential systems inside your body. In fact, your immune system is your most potent weapon against infections.
Your immune system fights infections on many different fronts. Fortunately, there are several effective ways you can help naturally boost your immune system, including:
- Certain herbs, vitamins and minerals, such as Echinacea, Vitamin D and zinc, can directly support different parts of your immune system.
- Sanitation and good hygiene are important for your immune health. Hand washing is one of the easiest things you can do. Be sure to wash after contacting “high touch” surfaces that others use, and before eating or touching your face.
- Taking maintenance doses of natural antimicrobial agents can help maintain a stronger Staph and MRSA immunity against recurring infections.
- Probiotics. Beneficial probiotic bacteria living inside your digestive tract make up at least 60% of your immune system. Probiotics help maintain healthy and essential strains of ‘good’ bacterial in the gut that are necessary for proper immune system function. The balance of ‘good’ versus ‘bad’ bacteria in the gut is thrown off by poor diet choices, antibiotic use, chlorinated water and more.
- Proper Diet. Eating a diet of specific immune boosting foods, such as greens, herbs, and specific spices are all important parts of boosting the immune system. There are many common foods that are critical to avoid (such as sugars, processed foods and more) as they depress your immune system, and can actually cause outbreaks of infection in your body.
- Vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Primary, secondary and trace nutrients are all important for maintaining optimal immune system health as well as overall health. Because most food sources no longer contain adequate amounts of many important nutrients, correct supplementation is required.
- Avoiding and removing toxins. Toxins build up in the body from the environment, from foods and medications, and as a normal byproduct of the body’s metabolism. Antioxidants, certain herbs, specific food choices, and certain supplements can help neutralize toxins in the body and also support the body’s mechanisms for removal of toxins and wastes.
- Exercise. Daily exercise is important for maintaining optimal immune system health. Reducing your stress level and getting enough sleep can also have a powerful effect on your immune system.
The following pages will answer your questions about the immune system, including how it works, what role it plays with infections and what specific things help you boost your immune system.
- Find out how your immune system works and how powerful it is
- An easy yet potent way to boost your immune system